Aluminum Window and Door are a popular choice for homes, offices, and modern architecture in general. While the Aluminum Window Frame looks great, it’s not just the good looks that make them so popular. They also have a lot of advantages in terms of their performance, structure, and viability.
Considering Aluminum doors and windows for your home, office, or building? Here, find out about the advantages and disadvantages of aluminum window & more.
What are the advantages of Aluminum doors and windows?
The aluminum door has gained a lot of popularity in the past few years, here’s why:
- Durability: One of the main reasons that wooden windows are gradually being phased out in favor of Aluminum Sliding Windows is that they do not have the same long-term value. Because aluminum is a metal, it is resistant to the elements. It is less susceptible to water dampness and other problems from the outside of the house.
- Maintenance: Aluminum Sliding Doors are extremely easy to maintain. They are available in a variety of colors and styles. You’ll never have to repaint it if you get an anodized or baked-on finish. When compared to wood, aluminum is easier to work with.
- Affordability: Slimline aluminium windows are one of the more affordable window materials. The cost of wood and fiberglass is typically substantially higher. Everyone appreciates a good price, and an aluminum window provides a lot of “bang for the buck.”
- Long-Lasting: Since you’ll be spending a lot of money on window replacement, you might as well get something that will last. The good news is that, despite its reduced cost, the aluminum door is made to last. The warp-resistant corners are mechanically linked to ensure that the shape remains consistent over time.
- Lightweight: Aluminum is the lightest metal you’ll ever come across. Slimline windows can also be tailored to meet certain configurations. Also, the lightweight Aluminum Window Frame design translates nicely into a narrow profile which subsequently improves sightlines.
- Recyclable: Slimline Aluminium Windows are 100% recyclable making them sustainable for the environment.
- Energy Efficient: Aluminum Sliding Doors provide excellent insulation, retaining heat inside for lengthy periods of time, making them extremely energy efficient.
What are the disadvantages of Aluminum doors and windows?
In spite of the Aluminum doors and windows having so many advantages, we must address a few minor issues The disadvantages of the aluminum windows are:
- Condensation: Aluminum door is more prone to condensation due to the way metal conducts heat and cold. They’re also cool to the touch in the winter, so they’re not the ideal option if you’re replacing windows in a slightly cooler region.
- Corrosion: While aluminium windows are known for their durability, there isn’t a single building material that is without flaws. Rusting is the issue. Corrosion occurs when metal is exposed to salt in the air or in water. Aluminum Sliding Doors, have an issue with salt resistance.
- Repairing: Consider that, in comparison to wooden windows, window repair isn’t as easy with Aluminum Window Frame. Because you can’t paint aluminum windows, you’ll have to hire a professional to fix any scratches, dents, or damage.
- Cost: The primary disadvantage of aluminium windows is their high cost. They are significantly more expensive to manufacture than uPVC windows, although they must balance against other factors such as durability and longevity.
Where To Buy Aluminium Windows
Swastik Glass is a leading manufacturer of Slimline Aluminium Windows (Minimal Systems) in India. In association with Candor View, USA, we manufacture high-quality Slimline Windows. Our Aluminum Sliding Windows can be tailor-made according to the requirements of our clients. So contact our team of experts to get a free quote on Aluminium windows right away!